Sunday, July 20, 2014

Underrated?

One thing I've noticed about my stories is the fact that some of the ones I believe are the best end up not getting as much credit as I would like - there's plenty of reasons for this, I'm sure, but it bothers me. Here are the stories I've written that I want more people to read because I have a good bit of narcissism in me.
Oh, yes. First off, we have the story I consider to be my masterpiece - The Child's Mistakes. While yes, it is a sequel to another story (and is soon to be second in a trilogy, whoop!), I believe it can stand alone very well. It's the Doctor Who fanfiction I am most proud of. Why is it my masterpiece? Well, I think it features some of my best writing in general, description wise and just in the general flow. The plot is something I toiled over for a long time (I've only ever put more thought into the Willolly timeline I'm working on) and weaves into the show and other things. Also, the idea of things being discovered backwards is probably one of the most interesting things I've ever done.
It's no secret that I love Phantom of the Opera, and I thought a lot of other people did as well. I ended up making a modern day Phantom of the Opera fanfiction by the name of In The Wings. I'd been wanting to do it for quite a while, and the project ended up being one of my biggest and most ambitious. Despite getting a lot of good reception in the early times, I ended up finding that I had little to no readers for the vast majority of the story! Perhaps it was just too long...but honestly, I poured everything into this story. There's a lot of moments I'm very proud of, and I also enjoy the fact I was able to add my own twists to this story.
I'm honestly surprised this story got as many reads and votes and comments as it did, being half about Hannibal. While there certainly are Fannibals on Wattpad, I thought that there weren't enough to support this story. The Sherlockians did come through, however. Still, I wish more people could've read this - there is some of my best character and dialogue in this book. There are actually zero OCs involved in this story, which I believe is the first time has ever happened in one of my fanfictions. Not sure about that, though. Honestly, this doesn't play out like an episode of Sherlock nor Hannibal. It's all about the characters and very little about the crime. But Sherlock and Hannibal have the best characters. And are also the best shows. And this is also where the Willolly timeline began. Yikes. \
Back when I was first developing this story, people were all over it! I thought I already had a dedicated fanbase but was somewhat disappointed to find out that very few people were reading the story. As my first original, I'd dedicated countless hours to creating everything about this story. I thoroughly ended up falling for the plot I'd made and the major twist that came along (Chapter Twelve, if you're wondering)and loved writing about Alia and Ronnie along with everyone else. I just want to have more people reading it - I may or may not have canon ship names for some of the characters that I'd love to share should anyone ship a thing.
Nightmare Fuel and Terrible Fate - I shouldn't be surprised that they aren't popular, due to the fact they've only been out during this month. But still, I crave more attention for those two little stories more than I'd like to admit. The plot of these stories is one of my favorite ones I've ever concocted - while yes, a lot of it is heavily inspired by Jadusable's BEN Drowned creepypasta, what I've made on my own has made me oh-so-happy. And the feedback I have gotten on the story thus far has been incredible. Combine that with my attempts at utulizing more foreshadowing, characterization, and a different story format that mainly takes place over the period of three days and you've got something that I'm perfectly sure will be one (or rather, two) of the best things I've ever written. So there you go. If you haven't read these stories of mine yet, I highly suggest you do. Yep. - Rain

No comments:

Post a Comment