Friday, November 22, 2013

The NaNo Diaries: The Final Countdown

November 22, 2013

Okay, perhaps the title is a little bit ahead of where I am. But I have less than 5K words left to write. Less than a tenth of my novel. If I push myself, I will be finished soon. Very soon. I have my plans and all, but actually writing all those words is so different than talking about writing them. It seems like so little and so much at the same time.

But the thing is, I've never written a novel like this. And by "this," I mean...

25% of my novel was initially handwritten. Pieces of notebook paper were used time and time again in order to create a fair portion of my story. That would be about 12.5K words once it was all done. It still can't compare to how many notes I have for World History, though.

25% of my novel came from 750 Words. For those of you don't know, I use a writing program which has you write 750 words each and every day. I've been using that in order to create even more of my story. By pushing myself to write it all within 15 minutes, I find myself creating new plotlines and lots of words in short amounts of time.

The last 50% chunk of my novel comes from me sitting down like a proper author and typing away. This is what I have been doing for so long, and it's starting to come naturally. I try to take it 50, 100, or 250 words at a time. And by golly, it works.

We'll see how tomorrow fares.

-Rain

No comments:

Post a Comment