Monday, November 18, 2013

The NaNo Diaries: The Madness Sets In

November 18, 2013

I should be finishing in a few days.

It's really weird to think that.

I will be finishing in a few days.

Especially if I get my act together and write more than what's necessary. At the current rate I'm going at, I should be done in a little under a week. If I step it up, I could have Raven Song over 50,000 words before the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Special. I could spend the Day of the Doctor without having to worry about writing my story.

The thing is, it'll still be National Novel Writing Month. I've already started planning for what I'm going to do next.

Which is plan.

When it comes to most of my stories, I make at least a skeleton outline of what I want to happen during the story. Some of them are actually very specific. I had one plan that had more words than each chapter of that particular story did. I typically use them just to keep the plot on track and make sure everything works out in a fairly well paced manner.

But I don't do that for NaNoWriMo. I don't have to write in order when it comes to this, so I jump all over the place. I haven't finished the second chapter yet, it's strange. The thing is, I know the basic gist of the story. I know there's going to be a few specific events that must go in a certain sequence.

That still leaves me with thousands of words, though. That's why I'm going to plan out the novel once I've gotten over the 50K mark. If I can do that, then I can make sure that it'll be ready to be posted on Wattpad.

Yeah. That'll be fun.

-Rain

No comments:

Post a Comment