Thursday, November 14, 2013

The NaNo Diaries: I'll Be A Neutron, Thank You

November 14, 2013

Today is a very neutral day for me. I'm no positive proton or negative electron. Just a neutral neutron. (And if you understand what neutron cream means, brownie points for you. Lots of 'em.) First and foremost in this is my novel, of course. It's going well, I'd have to say. I mean, I'm pretty darn far ahead of schedule, that's always a nice thing.

But at the same time, I feel like I'm doing something wrong. I don't know what it is. Sometimes it gets difficult to write an entire front-and-back page of my NaNoWriMo novel, all of this done in the few free seconds I have during class. And yet, I've done it every schoolday so far this month. Granted, that actually hasn't been that many, but still.

My main goal for this is going to be to finish before the deadline. The past few years were more or less "Okay, it's November 30th and I have things to do before midnight!" Of course, I made it both times, but it would be really fulfilling to finish it before then. The thing is, I want some sort of numerical proof that I've grown as a writer.

Well, in other news, I feel like I have so many conflicting emotions that I just end up with a whole of nothing. I suppose this is how Sherlock Holmes functions. It's pretty productive, I must say. I mean, I got stuff done. That is, after I stopped panicking due to the disappearance of my phone. There just are some things that aren't worth agonizing over. Things that aren't worth fighting over. Gifs that aren't worth making because they're too damn hard.

Maybe tomorrow I'll be a proton. Or maybe I'll be an electron.

But I may as well be a neutron again.

-Rain

No comments:

Post a Comment