Friday, November 1, 2013

The NaNo Diaries: Triple Threat

November 1, 2013

When most people think of triple threats, they think of someone who can sing, act, and dance. I suppose I'm a triple threat. Of course, that's also what comes to mind when I bring up the phrase. But today I feel like it has a slightly different meaning for me.

You see, this is why...

  • October 30: My birthday
  • October 31: Halloween
  • November 1: NaNoWriMo begins
These three days which I all consider major are right in a row! It's a triple threat!

Of course, my birthday and Halloween don't require massive amounts of writing...but whatever. I've actually been impressed with how well I've been doing on NaNoWriMo just on the first day. I was able to write an entire page front and back before I left my first period.

I did my work first, don't worry.

I feel like I've somehow managed to spread the word of NaNoWriMo like a disease. Just a month ago, hardly anyone had heard of NaNoWriMo, let alone thought of doing it. Now pretty much all of my writing buddies are going ahead to take the challenge. There are perks to being the most experienced, though. With two winning years along with a Camp NaNoWriMo victory under my belt, I think I'm in for a good novel.

Well...more on that some other time.

-Rain

No comments:

Post a Comment