Saturday, November 2, 2013

The NaNo Diaries: Wait, I'm Confused

November 2, 2013

I feel like the first day of NaNoWriMo is not as good of an indicator of how well the rest of it is going to be. Rather, the second day is more like that. There's technicalities and everything, but whatever. The first day is hyped up. You have ideas and could probably sit down and write forever if you had the time to. Everything just comes spilling out.

The second day...not so much. You're still running fairly high, but reality is starting to catch up to you.

Does this mean you flop on the ground like a fish?

NO.

Actually, I was doing very well today. I was able to finish 1800 words from scratch before 9:30 AM. Of course, I haven't written much of anything since...but that was due to having an extraordinary amount of work to do on top of starting up a new exercise program.

The only real problem I'm having with NaNoWriMo right now is I'm getting all these great ideas...for other stories. I guess they'll just have to be filed away and wait for some other time.

I'm trying to get together a writing playlist and ultimately failing. Instead I just listen to Kid Icarus Uprising along with some Mad World Radio on Pandora. Needless to say, the latter one fits my story better.

(I know I never explained this, but my story is a realistic fiction one inspired by The Raven by Edgar Allen Poe. It's a kind of dreary story with a lot more emotion than action. I think I like that quite a bit. It's like if Tim Burton made a movie out of a John Green book...except it was a book and...yeah, I'm confused too.)

-Rain

No comments:

Post a Comment