Sunday, November 24, 2013

The NaNo Diaries: Finished...?

November 24, 2013

Last night, I hit the goal. 50,000 words are now completed for my story Raven Song.

50,000 words.

Done a week before it was due. Now that shows me that I've progressed from previous years, where I was working up to the last few hours. I've always made it, however. It's just that this time November will be a little bit more relaxing in the end.

It was so nice seeing me pass the finish line. It felt like it was impossible that I had managed to do it. It was like my mind simply could not believe that I had done such a thing. The story feels nowhere near finished, that much is for sure. But it's got so much already written that I suppose I should be counting my blessings.

The problem with this is that now I have to go through the process of editing and such. I've been splitting up my chunks of writing into individual snippets. Let's just say that I'm only about halfway through and I have approximately 80 snippets of writing at the moment. I have to finish making all of those snippets.

Then once I have my 200 different snippets (that might not be an exaggeration, we'll see) I'll have to put them in order and group them together. I need to form a cohesive story out of a bunch of loosely linked moments. But I've done this sort of thing before...just not with 50,000 words/

I think the first order of business is to make a plan of what I want to happen in this story. Without a base, everything will just crumble, yeah?

-Rain

No comments:

Post a Comment